Friday, December 19, 2008

Old Wives Tales

One popular old wives tale is that if you have heartburn while pregnant your child will be born with hair. If this is true Brielle should come out looking like a hair model! LOL! The heartburn I've had this week is unbelievable. Actually its been down right painful! It seems today things are under control but we'll see how long that lasts.

This week we had our final birthing class. During the class we practiced some comfort measures that can be used during labor. While practicing the instructor asked Ben "when you're facing Shana and she has a contraction what can you do to comfort her?" His answer was "give her a kiss and tell her I love her." LOL! That wasn't exactly the answer the instructor was looking for. Apparently it was a very good answer though since all the girls in the class thought it was so sweet. The instructor said "That's a wonderful answer! I'm sure she would appreciate that. What I was looking for was back rub though." You gotta love my husband! He's so sweet!

Ben fired the drywallers this week. He wasn't too thrilled with them so he told them to get out. Ben's dad, my dad and Ben hung the drywall this week. We're getting it finished soon. We were able to get someone to do it that does AWESOME work! We're very excited to have him helping us.

While time seems to be flying things are going along slowly but surely. It would be great if time would slow down a little bit and everything else would get done faster. LOL! I don't know that there's any real happy spot for a pregnant woman though.

Well I'm off to shovel some snow! That has become my favorite activity of late. Yeah, I know I'm crazy. I can't help it though!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can get some medicine from the doctor for the heartburn. I had to take some for both of the kids. And look how much hair they had!! Also, get your butt on the couch and stop shoveling snow. You could hurt yourself or go into labor. No heavy lifting remember!!!!

Kerri said...

Please be careful shoveling! It's good exercise, but don't overdo it (I'll stop lecturing now). I hope the heartburn gets better. It sounds like you have a good husband to take care of you though!

Janna said...

Well, my sister had terrible heartburn too and Elle had a ton of hair! So, ya never know. ;) I can't wait to see Brielle!