Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Little girl kick your dad!

Last week I noticed that the bumps I was feeling on the inside seemed to be getting stronger. Sure enough I notice that if I placed a book on my belly it would get bopped. So I decided to see if I could actually feel my little girl from the outside. While lying (grammar police: is it lying or laying? I can never get those right*) on the couch I put my hand on my belly. Sure enough I got a good thump! The question was did I know it was a thump because I could feel it from the inside too?

On Friday I was POSITIVE that I was feeling the baby from the outside. Excited I hopped into bed and woke Ben up. "Put your hand here and press down" I told him. Of course the party that was going on in my belly ceased to exists. After waiting a while I apologized for waking Ben up and started went to bed. Of course Ben didn't care that I woke him up and said to wake him up again when the party started back up. Just as I was drifting off the sleep it felt like the party was starting back up. I waited a minute or two to make sure there was plenty going on. Of course as soon as I woke Ben up and he put his hand on my belly the party stopped.

The next night was a similar night. This time I was feeling the bops but poor Ben wasn't. It doesn't help that she is most active in the middle of the night! We aimed for Ben to hopefully feel her within the week.

Last night I had some chocolate milk before bed. That usually gets the baby moving within a couple of minutes. It didn't work last night though. So off to bed we went. Ben kissed me goodnight and went to sleep. I watched a little TV. While laughing at Leno the party started in my belly. I pressed my hand to my stomach and promptly got kicked (or punched or perhaps head butted). I waited for a couple more bops to make sure they were nice and strong. They were. I woke Ben up and grabbed his hand. On to my belly I put his hand......nothing! Ugh! Seriously! Come on little girl! Kicky your dad!

After a few minutes of sitting there I told Ben I guess she wasn't going to kick him. Just then there was a nice strong bop and an "Oh yeah!!" coming from Ben. She FINALLY kicked him! Just for good measure she bopped him again.

Needless to say dad went to bed a very happy dad!

*Edit: With the help of this great website I found out that lying was the proper word I was looking for......I think. LOL!

5 comments:

Kerri said...

Cool!

Janna said...

Awww! :) Yay baby girl!

For the record, I think it's "lying" instead of "laying"... but I don't know for sure. Maybe they're both grammatically correct! :)

All My Darlings said...

So glad Ben finally got to feel her! Orange juice always gets my little one going!

Maribeth said...

Cute story. Have you tried listening to music with headphones on your belly. That always would get Allison going. I'm a bad mom this time around and haven't doen that much. Our portable CD player broke.

Christina said...

So sweet! Try drinking some cold water next time.. I know, I'm mean..