Thursday, September 4, 2008

When life hands you lemons....

make lemonade.

Today life handed me a big bag of lemons. I was let go from my job. I kind of saw it coming hence why I was looking for a job before. For some reason I was hoping that I would be able to make it through this pregnancy with my job. Apparently life had other plans for me.

Everyone goes through these hard times....right? I'm just paying my dues as an adult. I have no room to complain about this set back. Yes I don't have an income. Yes that means our family income has been cut in half. Yes that means I won't have health insurance in a few weeks. Yes that means I may not have the lovely new furniture I wanted for the nursery. But all in all this should be a new start for me. I'll work at temp jobs if I need to. There are plenty of ways to cover having a baby. If I need to I'll take advantage of those government programs I've been paying for for the last 15 years. I'm sure I'll be paying into them for many years to come so I may as well use them if needed.

Yes things will be rough. I will miss the wonderful friends I have made. But there are plenty of ways to keep in touch. When one door shuts another one will open.....eventually. It's scary to think of going through this pregnant but it will work out. Life is funny like that. Just when things seem so dark and horrible there is a light to lead you through it all.

7 comments:

Steph said...

What horrible timing! Good job keeping a positive attitude. Good luck. I know you will find something soon.

Keri said...

Losing a job is never easy. But going through this while pregnant must make it about a thousand times more stressful.

In the end though, it will all work out. It just may take a little time. Good luck and keep your chin up!

Janna said...

I'm still so shocked that you were let go! We are all upset about it but encouraged by your optimism.

The same thing happened to me at my last job... I was let go one day with absolutely no warning. I had no idea that it was coming and it was really upsetting. However, it did turn out to be a huge blessing in disguise because I found a job that I love so much more! So I pray that you will too. :) I'm confident that everything will work out fine... I'm just really sad that you're not working here anymore. :(

Can't wait to see you at Rich's party! I promise I will try not to make you cry. :)

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! I am glad to see you can have a positive attitude about the change.

Kristen said...

You'll get through it! Keep your chin up, look for opportunities, and most importantly...

Enjoy your time off! :)

apt said...

We've already emailed about this and how horrible it is, so I won't say that again.
I am really looking forward to reading a blog post in the future that is along the lines of, "oh! That's why I was let go, to make room for this _________ in my life that I love and am good at."

Kerri said...

I'm sorry to hear about your job. Keep your chin up!