Sunday, August 31, 2008

Getting ready

This week has been a very busy week full of just about every emotion imaginable. We started off the week looking forward to our third anniversary on Wednesday. We didn't have much planned other than having our yummy cake (we have our cake top recreated every year) which we were going to enjoy on Friday. Unfortunately the morning of our anniversary we found out the father of a very, very close friend of ours had passed away the night before. We decided to cancel the plans we had made for that night and spend the evening together after all. We probably should have done that no matter what. But sometimes life makes you think you have to pack so much into it that you forget to take the time to enjoy each other. We decided that we were not going to take for granted the time we have to spend together.

Since we have a long weekend we decided to take advantage and start preparing our little girl's room (yeah, we need to pick a name real quick! Calling her "little girl" all the time will get on my nerves shortly I'm sure). First we headed to Babies R Us to pick up a crib sheet. We had decided on a bedding set and we want to match the paint in the room. The next day we picked up a bookcase and a mirror to go in the room. We starting with the little things that we can afford right now and hopefully we be able to buy the bigger things later.

Today we cleaned out our attic to make room for the contents of our former spare bedroom now known as baby girl's room (see! It's annoying!). After that was set we started taking down the walls and ceiling! OMG! There is so much insulation in that room! The thing is it's crappy insulation. Plus the room has crappy windows. All things that will soon be replaced.

Now that we have a good idea of what is behind the walls I was sorely disappointed. Ben had planned on making me a built in diaper changing station that could be switched over to an entertainment center. Well the room is part of a dormer. The dormer slopes the wrong way for us to fit the changing station where we wanted it. We were thinking it could go on the opposite wall but Ben banged a hole in that to see how much room we have. Now my closet has a hole in it! LOL! So there won't be the lovely built in changing station that I longed for. The good news is the walk in closet will be made bigger*!!! That's just what every little girl needs!

All in all the pregnancy is going fine. I've been feeling the tiny one move around every now and then. Nothing too strong but she does let mom know that she's there. My health is good although I'm still struggling to gain some weight. I think my body is still adjusting to the lower amount of carbs I'm eating. Ben plans to start reading us stories at night very soon. I found my book of Grimm's Fairy Tales. I have another book either packed away here or at my mom's house that I absolutely loved as a child. I want to find it so we can start reading that one together too. (I know, mushy right! LOL)

*Update: After talking last night we decided to put the built in changing station in the closet! We have plenty of room to make it in there. Plus no one wants to see where poopy diapers are changed anyway! LOL!

5 comments:

Christina said...

I LOVE that bedding set! Very unique!

Anonymous said...

I love the bedding set too!

Steph said...

LOVE that bedding set!

apt said...

Like the bedding, mucho.
Hope renovations/repairs go well and smooth.

Kerri said...

Like everyone else, I love the bedding. So pretty!