Sunday, August 3, 2008

I'm such a Taurus!

This week has been an interesting week. On Monday I was told by the nurse at the high risk doctor's office that I would probably go on insulin sooner then what I was thinking. Apparently my morning sugar numbers aren't low enough. It's frustrating since I know my after meal numbers are right where they should be.......or so I thought.

Apparently when you're pregnant they want your sugar readings lower then if you were not pregnant. Great! If I had known that I would've made some changes sooner! The nurse also had me very worried about the actual numbers. Thankfully that same day I went to visit a diabetes dietitian. She cleared up some questions I had. Unfortunately it made me doubt the doctor's office.

After giving serious consideration of getting a second opinion I had a breakdown. Let me tell you what: those are easy to come by now-a-days. After a lot of thought and a ton of research I decided to stick with my current high risk doctor. I know the actions we are going to have to take will only be for the best of the baby.

Here's where the Taurus part comes in. I decided that even though I've resigned to the fact I'll be on insulin, I'm going to make sure I'm not on it after the pregnancy is over! I'm watching my carb intake so closely people probably think I'm doing Atkins (I'm so not doing Atkins. I think that diet is a bit too extreme). I'm still working out with Erin. I'm picking up a prenatal water aerobics class (once a week right now but it will be twice a week after Labor Day) and I'm going to be signing up for a Zumba class. To top it off I'm hoping to find some extra money to start taking a prenatal yoga class. Right now that's the most expensive class and money is tight in our house. I'm not helping things by taking all of these class but I HAVE to. The way I look at it it's a matter of living a good life or living a miserable life.

So that's been pretty much the whole saga this week. On a lighter note we took our newest furkid, Ella, in to be spayed. She was just so mean that it had to be done right away. The night of no food or water for everyone the night before her surgery left some pretty amusing stories. Well, maybe not to others but they were hilarious to me. I think I just really needed a good laugh.

On Thursday we entered week 12 of our pregnancy. Many people think that this is the start of the first trimester but it's not. If you divide up the 40 weeks we actually have to go to just over 13 weeks to clear that goal. Not too much longer and we'll be there!

I think nesting is starting to kick in. Yesterday I cleaned the whole main level of the house. It needed it bad!! I'm looking at doing some windows and dusting down the walls soon. Today I took apart my fridge and freezer and gave that a good cleaning. It looks like a brand new fridge on the inside. I have plans to start tackling the basement tomorrow. Later during the week I'm going to clean out the walk-in closet in the spare bedroom (soon to be the nursery). After that my closet and Ben's closet are going to be gone through. My cupboards need to be cleaned and I have some junk drawers that are going to get attacked too. Every hour or so my to-do list gets longer.

This week Ben and I discussed some baby names. He wasn't too thrilled with the ones I've wanted for years. Ben made a suggestion that I wasn't too thrilled about either. So I did a little thinking and some research and I came up with a couple of names. We both really like the options but we're not going to set anything in stone yet. It's a start to even talk about names though. Ben has pretty much refused to even think about them up to this point.

We started making plans for the nursery too. Right now we have two themes in mind. We'll probably decide on one in a few weeks. We are going to be tearing out the walls and ceiling in that room. Right now it's a horrible combination of cork board and paneling. When we get done we'll have nice new walls, a new ceiling and a built in changing table/entertainment center. For our immediate purposes it will be a changing station but it will be suitable to use as a entertainment center in the future. We figure this will save us from spending money on a piece of furniture we won't be using all that often. Plus it gives up a little more floor space in the room.

Well I fee like I've written a book! It's getting late and this momma needs to head to bed. I hope all is well with everyone! Oh! Please feel free to leave me comments! You don't need to have an account. You can do the anonymous or name/url (which you don't have to put a url) options. I love the few comments I get so I thought I would stump for more!

3 comments:

Em said...

Hang in there girlfriend!! You and I can kick this thing together...and the water aerobics and other exercise will certainly help.

Stay tough!!

Christina said...

What themes are you considering for the bedroom? Hang in there!

Shana said...

We're looking at a safari type print that is black & brown or a frog theme. They're kind of opposite of each other. One is dark rich colors and the other light and bright. The problem is we like BOTH themes. We can't even buy a crib till we decide because the theme is going to dictate what color the crib will be.