Friday, August 22, 2008

Talk about some exciting stuff!!

Yesterday was the start of week 15 in our pregnancy. This was also the same day we made our first trip to the high risk doctor (Dr. B). It was a long appointment but it was well worth it. All in all everything is going perfectly! Not too shabby for a "high risk" pregnancy if you ask me (or even Dr. B). We were able to see that our little girl has a nice strong heartbeat of 142bpm. Oh yeah! You read that right! WE'RE HAVING A GIRL!!!

Ben and I have had strong "girl" feelings from the get go. Ben actually had known from the start. The pregnancy test had barely said positive and he was already positive we were having a girl. I took another week or so to have that feeling but it was there nonetheless.

We went into the appointment knowing we may find out what we are having but not getting our hopes up. We were fully ready to wait another 5 weeks. Dana, the ultrasound tech, was so great at explaining what we were looking at, why she was doing so many measurements and what it was all going to mean in the end. Well she was focused in on one area and looking pretty closely. To my untrained eye it looked like a butt with 2 legs. LOL! Well I was right. A few seconds after I asked if those were legs I was checking out she asked if we were going to find out the gender. We couldn't get the yes out of our mouths fast enough! That's when she confirmed what I thought I was looking at: those were little girl parts between those tiny legs!

We couldn't be any happier! Our little girl is measuring right on schedule. She is the perfect size for her age. Also the rest of the appointment went well too. My blood pressure is excellent. My sugar readings are pretty darn awesome and I was told my chances of ending up on insulin are 10 to 15 percent. Those percentages may change but I'll take them right now! The only "issue" we have is that I have lost weight instead of gaining it. The challenge presented to me by Dr. B (the man already knows I love a challenge) was to gain 10 to 15 pounds by the end of my pregnancy. That's a few pounds each month. I can do that. Bring on the full fat cheeses! LOL!

So all in all it was an excellent appointment. Now we're on to picking out names and setting up the nursery! All more fun then a barrel of monkeys!

6 comments:

Kerri said...

A baby girl! How exciting! Congrats!

Keri said...

So glad to hear that both you and your baby GIRL are doing well!

Christina said...

Yay!!! Congratulations! Now, for name choices?? I am glad that you are doing well too! She is so going to be a Daddy's Girl. I just know it!

Janna said...

That is so awesome!!! :) And I laughed out loud when you said "Bring on the full fat cheeses." :)

Kristen said...

A girl!! Congratulations!! :)

Berzley Blaze said...

Yay...Lilly gets a new little friend to play with! I am so excited for you both! Congrats!