Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Seeing Baby Girl!

Today we got to see our little girl again! It was a lllloooonnnngggg wait to see her though. When we got to our appointment (15 minutes early) we were told they were "running a little late". Well "a little late" ended up turning into a two hour wait. Ben was starting to get very upset. I had to remind him that if we had an emergency other people would be put off too. He calmed down a tiny bit.

What really calmed Ben down was seeing our little girl. The first image we got to see was of her face and she was "jawing" at us. LOL! She was just "talking" away and waving her arms. So. Cute.

Everything is going very well. Her brain is developing normally, the kidneys are good, her stomach is developed, her bladder is good, she has all 4 chambers of her heart and she's definitely a girl. There was one heart area we couldn't see because of the way she was sitting but Dr. B wasn't overly concerned. We found out she's measuring right on schedule. She weighs about 14 ounces and is 9 inches tall.

I didn't gain that pound they wanted to see. I actually lost 3. But again the doctor wasn't concerned. My blood pressure is excellent and my sugars have been great. The only "concern" that we have is the placenta is sitting a little low but Dr. B says it's moving up so there's no need to change my activity level. All in all it was a great appointment even though we were there for almost 4 hours.

I just wanted to apologize for not updating on the assessment testing. It was a very uneventful hour. I'm still waiting to hear back about the results. They did say it would take a couple of days so I'm hoping to have some news either today or tomorrow. I can't tell you how great it feels to have all the support of my wonderful friends! The notes on my blog, in my emails and on the boards I frequent have been wonderful. I truly am a very lucky girl to have you guys!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Awww, she was talking to you!! How cute :) Congrats on a great appointment and healthy baby girl!

Anonymous said...

She was really asking "Where if Grammy? Am I getting Christmas presents? Where's Bobo and Bubba?
Can I come out yet? Are we there yet? Mommmm?

Kerri said...

I'm glad things are going well.

Heather said...

so cute that she was talking to you!!

Christina said...

glad she is healthy!!

Janna said...

Hey Shana,

How far along were you (in weeks) when you found out that you were having a girl? My sister will be around 11 weeks when she has her first ultrasound and I was wondering if she'd be able to find out the gender then. (We're all really excited to find out!) I think that would probably be too early though.