Saturday, January 24, 2009

Beyond thankful!

This last week has made me so incredibly aware of all of the awesome people in my life.

Over the weekend a couple that Ben does some work for every now and then gave us a snow blower. They didn't want any money in exchange. We just had to get it running. We were able to do that so now we have a great snow blower! That will save a TON of time!

On Tuesday a GIANT box full of baby goodies arrived at the house. My friend Sara was so kind to not only allow us to use her car seat since we don't have one but she sent us a bunch of clothes, a play pad and other goodies. We would be completely at a loss without her generosity!

On Thursday I went and picked up a swing from my friend Maribeth. She sold it to us for such a great price! I have a feeling we'll be getting a lot of use out of that swing. To top it off she gave me a bunch of swaddle blankets too!

Friday I as made aware of a stroller that I wanted for sale very, very cheap! After Ben and I looked at pictures of it and talking about if we could afford it we decided that we couldn't afford to pass up the deal. I made arrangements to purchase the stroller and pick it up on Sunday (tomorrow). Today my mom invited me to lunch with her, my grandparents and my uncles. After telling my grandma of my great stroller deal, my Uncle Tom came over and gave me money to buy the stroller. He and Dorothy wanted to get us a gift and they were waiting to find out what we wanted/needed. He felt that a stroller was the perfect gift. I could have cried when he gave me the money. To top it off my Uncle Richard bought my lunch!

If that weren't enough I was on a chat board that I frequent saying how much I wanted a photo screen for Bri's room. Buying one would be a splurge for us but when I went to purchase one it was gone. My friend Kristen was quick to tell me that she had a photo screen that needed a home and she wants to give it to us as a gift to Brielle! Her gift is beyond kind and I'm so grateful that she offered to give us this wonderful gift!

So as you can see I have a ton of amazing friends and family! The kindness of everyone this week has moved me. I don't think I can thank everyone enough. Because of these amazing people preparing for Brielle's arrival has been so much easier! Everyday I am so grateful for my wonderful friends and family. Ben and I are so thankful to each and everyone of you! Thank you for being a part of our lives. Some where done the line we'll find a way to pay you all back!

P.S. Just over two weeks until my due date. I had a doctor's appointment this week and things are moving along! Also painting has started in Bri's room. It should be done in a day or so!

2 comments:

Karrie said...

What great family and friends you have!

Anonymous said...

That's so wonderful! You do have a great family and friend circle! Just goes to show how great YOU are :)

Two weeks?! Wowzers, that's coming up so soon!!