Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy Year I become a Mom!!

Yes, I know. I've been slacking on the updates. Truth be told I haven't been the happiest of people. I don't want to complain to others so I just bottle things up. This leads to poor Ben finding a bawling, pregnant wife a few times a week. I've since learned to keep the crying to "business hours" so my poor husband doesn't explode from that extra stress and the stress of life. He seriously has taken on more then any one person should have to. I think his teeth are paying for it with all the grinding he does at night. I remind myself every single day that I am lucky just to have him, not to mention all the other wonderful people in my life.

So yeah. Things are rough. We're running out of money. We have none. Actually we have less then none. Bills are coming in pretty freakin' fast and time is NOT slowing down. We're getting by (barely) but we keep telling ourselves that what is most important is the health of Brielle and ourselves. Everything else has to wait. Unfortunately that means even things for Brielle have to wait. We're short a few items that we need for her but I'm hopeful that some how we'll get them.

Anyway - On to happier things

On Tuesday we got to see Brielle again during our 35 week ultrasound. She is doing great. She's actually beyond great! Usually with gestational diabetes babies are way too big at this point. Not our little Bri though. She's absolutely average! She weighed in at 5 pounds 12 ounces. That's right at the 50th percentile. She's already a little over achiever!

On Wednesday, after a desperate call to my mom to pick me up because my car wouldn't start, I went for my regular OB appointment. I too am doing great. My weight did jump a bit but I think I was really retaining water that day. I'm sure the few sweets I've indulged in recently didn't help either. Other then that my blood pressure is great and my urine is good (they check your urine each appointment for signs of protein and sugar).

So things aren't all dire. We're healthy, we have our house (thank goodness for a wonderfully, understanding mortgage company) and we have awesome family and friends. Things over all are good (that's what I keep telling myself). Before you know it Brielle will be here and everything else really won't matter. It's hard to believe I have less then 5 weeks left! Now I get to worry about labor. Oh joy! LOL! First things first though: remember those great family and friends I mentioned? Well they're throwing me a shower and it's tomorrow! That should help my mood a ton!

Thanks for listening to me complain. I promise to make the next post much more happy!

P.S. Thanks to my friend Jenn I found another water aerobics class to go to!! Oh boy! That really helps with the aches of pregnancy! Thanks Jenn!!

3 comments:

Kerri said...

Have fun at your shower!

Christina said...

Shana - I know you guys are going to make it through these hard times. Stay strong and focus on little B!

Anonymous said...

You are most welcome! Anything I can do to help makes me happy.