Sunday, January 11, 2009

What a great shower

On Saturday (just a few hours ago) my two best friends and my two sister-in-laws threw me a wonderful baby shower! They served a great brunch complete with fuzzy punch and cake! So. Good.

Many of my wonderful friends and family came out (in not so wonderful driving conditions) to celebrate the impending arrival of Brielle. Thanks to their generosity we are closer to being ready for my little beauty's arrival. I just wish I had more time to sit and talk with everyone personally. I know not everyone wants to sit around all day chatting away though.

Ben and I spent some time looking over all the lovely gifts we received. The generosity of those we love just blows us away! We still have a lot more to purchase to get ready but boy are we lucky to have the help of those who love us. I managed to keep it together during the shower but let me tell you that tears of joy freely flowed at home. I am amazed and beyond thankful!

Now if I could just sleep! It seems that is escaping me tonight. My darling Bri has taken to making mommy just uncomfortable enough that the slightest noise keeps me awake. Combined that with a kitty (Kira) who thinks breakfast should be served at 3:30am-ish and you end up with a wide awake me! I'm hoping that a warm bath and a gossip magazine will help lull me back to sleep here shortly.

Thank you again to all of those who came out to the shower. I had a wonderful time!

1 comment:

Christina said...

glad you had a good shower!