Thursday, June 12, 2008

Exercise does a baby good!

I'll be the first to admit it! I am in no shape to have a baby! I'm overweight and out of shape (well round is a shape lol!). I was actually working on correcting those problems then poof! We're pregnant (yeah, it's still "we're")!

When I called to make my first doctor's appointments I specifically told them that I was on a weight loss plan and I was working out. I wanted to make sure that it was o.k. to keep up what I was doing. They are completely fine with me loosing weight and working out. The only restriction is I need to get plenty of dairy and I can only workout at a moderate level. No more high intensity sweat sessions.

So tonight I worked out with my trainer and friend Erin. I started going to her right around the time I got pregnant. Boy that girl kicks your butt!! Seriously! The first time I worked out with her I felt wonderful but oh so sore! The next week was when I found out I was pregnant so we've taken the intensity level down a bit...or maybe I'm just getting used to it. Either way I get an excellent workout with Erin!

After my workout I felt fabulous as usual and Erin asked if I have noticed a difference since I started with her. I have noticed that my clothes fit a little looser but that's about it. I know other people have noticed a difference since just this morning my mom commented on it and Erin commented on it. YAY!! I'm on my way to being a fit pregnant lady!

I've really noticed that I don't feel sick when I workout and for a while afterward. So that leads me to believe the baby likes it! Hopefully he/she will be nice and svelte just like his/her daddy! My goal out of all of this is to not only have a healthy baby but to come out of pregnancy a healthy mom too! I hear it can be done so that's what I'm doing! Wish me luck!

No comments: