Friday, June 13, 2008

Pregnancy Brain?

The last few days I've noticed I'm not as "sharp" as usual. Is it possible that "baby brain" has set in already? Does that make this "pregnancy brain"? Let me tell you this: IT SUCKS!

Seriously! I'm not one to be absent minded but I have been. I'm only about 5.5 weeks pregnant. How can this crap be happening already? Maybe it's not a true case of pregnancy brain. Maybe I'm just so preoccupied with all the things that I worry about (I'm a HUGE worrier. Not about health, just about being ready) that I'm becoming absent minded.

Tonight DTB and I went out to dinner. I paid with my debit card. We left the restaurant and headed off to Target to pick up a few items. When we went to check out I look in my purse for my card and IT'S NOT THERE! I was so pissed!! This is a MAJOR problem. Thank goodness we weren't far from the restaurant. I was able to head back and get the card. It made me so upset. I'm always so good about making sure I have my card back.

I almost cried. It's very hard to deal with not being yourself whether it's baby related or not. The thing that freaks me out the most is that there are SO many other changes on the way. It's exciting and freaky as hell all at one.

I'm pretty much scared most of the time. I'm a perfectionist. Perfectionist don't make good moms. I'm so afraid I'm NOT going to be a good mom. It's a vicious cycle. I just need to get over myself and learn to be flexible. It's going to be tons of work. Thank goodness I don't have to do this all alone.

No comments: