Sunday, June 22, 2008

Six Weeks!

Thursday marked the six week mark in our pregnancy. We're halfway through the first trimester and that much closer to sharing the news with everyone. The book I've been reading says from now till the end of the first trimester is the most crucial time. This is the time when most miscarriages happen. The reason for this is because now is the time for major developments. The heart, nervous system and so much more is starting to grow. There was is illustration of what the baby looks like......I think I'm having a tadpole! LOL! There is a definite head and a heart chamber but no legs. Just a tail.

This week the morning sickness came on a little strong. It was accompanied by dizziness and an uncontrollable itch! I think I'm going to scratch myself raw it's so bad! Every square inch in my body is itchy. I think DTB is probably getting sick of scratching my back but it drives me nuts!!

On Saturday I went for a massage. It was nice but not as nice as I would like. Now that I'm pregnant I can't get a deep tissue massage. After working with Erin and kickboxing class I really could have used a deep tissue massage. It's better then nothing though. I'm sure the farther along I get the better that light massage would feel. I'm trying to figure out how wrong it would be for me to tell everyone to get me gift cards to the spa so I can get massages all the time! Hehehehe!

Saturday was also the first challenge of being with friends and drinking. DTB and I had a plan for me to carry around the same drink all night and he would drink it here and there for me or I could dump it out. I didn't have to do that though. I drank water all night and no one even noticed. I was asked point blank when we planned on having kids. My answer was a sheepish "eventually". It was hard to say that since this friend is leaving very soon. I know she would be so happy to hear our news but I just couldn't share with her and not everyone else. She will still be happy and I'll point her to this blog so she can keep up with us. I'm just hoping her prediction doesn't come true.....she said I would have twins!! That would be nice on the pregnancy front because it would be one and done but I don't know about raising twins. That would be be more work then I really want. LOL!

Today I went shopping for some shorts for our vacation. I've been loosing weight and I'm in between sizes. I ended up going to a total of five store to get what I needed. I again found myself wanting to cry but I managed to keep it in. I am pretty pissy though. LOL. The friend I went shopping with suggested that I park in the expectant mother spot. She said "hopefully it will curse you and not me". Oh if you only knew! LOL!

Well it's past my bedtime and time for my nightly scratch.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Oh man! I hope your scratching gets better!! I can't imagine how that must feel when you are trying to go to sleep!!