Friday, June 27, 2008

Seven Weeks

Yesterday we hit the seven week mark! It was accompanied by almost a whole day of being nauseous. Lovely. The only time I didn't feel sick was working out with Erin. Even then I had moments that I had to pause to make sure I wasn't going to puke on the weight bench! (Ick, I know)

The itching is still there and as strong as ever. I try to put up with it during the day because the antihistamine the doctor gave me makes me so sleepy! It doesn't really help with the itching either so basically I'm itchy and sleepy. I noticed that I do need to take the antihistamines before bed otherwise I can't get to sleep after I go to the bathroom because I keep itching. With the antihistamine I'm too tired to itch!

Oh, yeah that reminds me. This week I've been getting up to go to the bathroom like clockwork (about 2 am)! It's such an adjustment for me because I so rarely ever got up during the night before.

Chocolate covered raisins have become my newest craving. I find it interesting that I've been craving lots of chocolate (milk, cookies, raisins). I'm usually not much of a chocolate eater. I guess everything really does change. Next thing you know I'll like mushrooms and beets. Ha! Even saying that statement made my stomach turn! Thank goodness! LOL!

This weekend is going to be a busy one. DTB and I have to prepare for our trip to Colorado. We have some shopping to do, a house to clean and bags to pack. On Tuesday I go to my original first appointment. It's with the nurse and I've been told it can be pretty uneventful. The "big" appointment will be when we get back from our trip. That's when we'll see the doctor and hear the heartbeat! Fun stuff!

This week the baby will grow a bunch. It will actually double in size. A lot of important development is happening too. The heart is continuing to grow and is separated into two chambers. The brain is also developing at this time. The arms are more then just stubs but there are no fingers yet. The legs are starting to form (no toes). The lungs are starting to take shape along with the intestines, pancreas, eyes and nose. The over all size of the baby from head to rump is about a half inch (or the size of a BB).

2 comments:

Christina said...

Glad that you're

Christina said...

Woops, glad that everything is progressing along! I hope you start feeling better. That is tough with the itching and the antihistimes making you sleepy!!